Welcome to the #wearyourcrown❤ campaign, a global movement that celebrates the strength and power of women. If you’re a dreamer, a change-maker, or someone with a creative spirit seeking to be part of an empowering community, you’ve found the right place. The aim of this movement is simple: to challenge and inspire women worldwide to discover their unique voice, inner strength, and power by wearing their crowns.
The crown, in this context, is more than a mere accessory; it’s a symbol of ultimate power, a testament to service, dedication, and quiet determination.
Empowering Women Globally: The Genesis of #wearyourcrown❤ Campaign
In 2021, artist Ramona Pintea and Angie Xidias from One Bean Marketing joined forces to launch the #wearyourcrown❤ campaign. Together, they collaborated with nine influential women from diverse fields, including business, politics, the arts, entertainment, and non-profits. Their collective mission? To inspire, empower, and elevate women around the globe.
Ramona’s contribution to this empowering initiative took the form of nine stunning Urban Queen portraits. Each portrait was a tribute to one of these remarkable women: Susan Sloan, Natalia Martin, Sofia Bekatorou, Barbara Lizzet Sanchez, Amie Louie, Jayshree Mallaya, Donna Ashworth, and Casey Donavon. Each painting also highlighted a specific women’s issue, driving both fundraising and awareness efforts.
On March 8, 2022, the #wearyourcrown campaign made its official debut with an art exhibition at the Zena Hotel in Washington, DC. The Hotel Zena, a unique space combining a hotel and art gallery with a focus on celebrating women and their achievements, provided the perfect backdrop for the campaign’s launch on International Women’s Day. The event attracted a diverse group of powerful and inspiring women from around the world, all uniting to raise funds and awareness for women’s issues.
The attendees included many of the inspiring women painted by Ramona, as well as remarkable figures such as Her Excellency Dr. Thelma Phillip-Browne, St. Kitts and Nevis’ Ambassador to the United States, Alina Dociu of the Romanian Embassy to the United States, Kimberly Bassett, Secretary of State for the District of Columbia, Shahin Mafi, CEO of Home Health Connection, Inc., and Jan Du Plain, President of Global Enterprises Inc.
From DC to London: #wearyourcrown❤ Campaign Goes Global
Fast forward to July 2022, when Ramona Pintea joined forces with Feya Cafe & Restaurant in London to create two striking murals featuring the Urban Queen paintings and the #wearyourcrown❤ message. The choice of location was no accident. Feya Cafe & Restaurant, located at the junction of Marble Arch, Edgware Road, and Oxford Street, is a well-known landmark in London. It was the perfect canvas for promoting the campaign’s empowering message.
The collaboration with Feya was a natural one, as the cafe shares Ramona’s values of women’s empowerment and reducing the gender pay gap. With a 75% female workforce and a commitment to donating 10% of retail product profits to various women’s causes, Feya was the ideal partner.
Empowering Women, One Brushstroke at a Time: Ramona Pintea’s #wearyourcrown❤ Campaign Marches On
Ramona Pintea isn’t just an artist; she’s a passionate advocate for women’s empowerment. She believes that art possesses the power to inspire and elevate women by reminding them of their inner strength and power. For Ramona, art transcends mere expression; it’s a vehicle for creating a movement for change.
Her Urban Queen paintings serve as a powerful message to women everywhere: Wear your crown with pride and embrace your inner queen. Throughout history, artists have used their talents to challenge societal norms and inspire change. Ramona sees herself as part of this tradition, using her art to empower women and create a movement for change.
Together We Can: Exploring Innovative Collaborations for Women’s Empowerment
The #wearyourcrown❤ campaign is always on the lookout for fresh and innovative collaborations with like-minded individuals and organizations that share their vision of inspiring, empowering, and elevating women worldwide. If you have ideas for collaboration that align with their mission, they’re eager to hear from you. Together, we can make a positive impact on the lives of women everywhere and work toward a more equitable future. Reach out to join forces and create something remarkable!
Introducing the 2021 #wearyourcrown Urban Queen Leaders
The heart and soul of the #wearyourcrown❤ campaign lies in the inspiring women who are part of it. Here are some of the remarkable Urban Queen leaders:
- Susan Sloan, USA: An author and diplomat in Washington DC, Susan is a Global Champion for Women and Girls. In this campaign, she supports the ‘Vital Voices Emergency Fund for Afghan Women.’
- Natalia Martins, Brazil: An entrepreneur and founder of Natalia Beauty Group, Natalia is on a mission to make the world a more beautiful place. She is raising money for ‘Casa da Mulher Brasileira,’ a charity helping victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- Sofia Bekatorou, Greece: An Olympic Gold Medalist, Sofia has become a fierce advocate for women’s empowerment and the #MeToo movement in Greece. She supports ‘S.O.F.I.A,’ a project aiming to empower survivors of abuse.
- Donna Ashworth, Scotland: Donna, a poet and speaker, is raising funds for a breast cancer charity, ‘Coppafeel,’ to help improve breast cancer survival rates.
- Barbara Lizzet Sanchez, USA: A senior publicist, Barbara is a strong advocate against domestic violence and supports women’s empowerment. She was awarded ‘Woman of Empowerment 2020’ by P.O.W.E.R. Magazine.
- Casey Donovan, Australia: Casey is a multi-talented musician and advocate for indigenous girls’ education. She supports the ‘Ash Gardner Foundation’ to help indigenous girls gain access to better education.
- Jayshree Mallaya, South Africa: Co-founder of ‘Over the Walls Together,’ a charity focused on community building and raising awareness of violence against women and children. Jayshree has written a song, ‘Join Hands Around the World,’ to encourage action against violence.
- Amie Louie, Italy: Serving as the Global Vice President of Fundraising for the Professional Women’s Network (PWN), Amie promotes gender-balanced leadership. She raises funds to accelerate gender-balanced leadership through PWN Global.
- Ramona Pintea, Romania: The artist and creator of the #UrbanQueen women empowerment movement, Ramona is raising funds through SCUT, an NGO in Brasov, her hometown, to help Ukrainian Refugee Women and their Children.
In the words of Ramona Pintea herself, “We have the power within ourselves to do more than we think and more than we ever imagined!” The #wearyourcrown❤ campaign, with its vibrant art and empowering message, continues to inspire women globally to find their strength and make a positive impact on the world.